Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
An excellent Russian-language dictionary, that will take a word in any form and give you its “dictionary-entry” form, all possible declensions/conjugations, definitions, and usages (in Russian only). It is somewhat tricky to navigate:
- Go to https://udarenieru.ru/
- Click on “ПОИСК” (“Search”) on the left side bar.
- Type/copy the Russian word into the search box (if you do not have the Russian keyboard on your computer, you can type it into Google Translate and then copy/paste into udarenie).
This page provides a great deal of grammatical information about any word, including perfective/imperfective aspect, conjugations/declensions, stems and pre/suffixes, pronunciation.
Lib.ru contains hundreds of Russian novels, poems, articles, short stories, and other forms of literature, all in the original. Texts are not PDFs, and so can be copy/pasted into word processors and edited, making it an excellent resource for quoting original Russian, in addition to granting free access to hundreds of classics. The site is in Russian, and a little confusing to use:
- go to lib.ru
- Select a genre at the top (typically, you will want “Проза” [“Prose”] or “Классика” [“Classics”]).
- Either search for the author’s name, or select the first letter of their surname from the alphabet.
- Select the text you wish to read.
Two podcasts for practicing listening. Both available on Apple Podcasts.
- “Чтения” (“Readings”)
- “Чтения для детей” (“Readings for children”)