Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Note taking made easy!
- Select the citation you would like to add notes to in your Zotero library
- Click on the Notes tab to the left of the Zotero window
- Select the Add button in the right frame of the Zotero window
- Enter your notes in the Add Note window
- The notes will automatically save. To access notes later on simply select the citation in the center frame of your Zotero library
- Next click on the notes tab in the right frame of your Zotero library
- To open your notes for additions or editing click on the yellow folder icon and text in the right frame of your Zotero library. To add a new note click on the Add button.
If you prefer watching video documentation to setup and use ZOTERO use the following link to watch three videos on the Oxy Library/CDLA's Youtube channel: Click Here
Get Zotero Support from the Oxy Library through live, remote 1:1 consultation
Request a 45 minute Zotero Workshop for a class by locating your subject librarian/specialist here: